Caramelized Onion Steak Naan Pesto Pizza has the perfect marriage of sweet buttery caramelized onions, herby pesto and satisfying steak. Ingredients can be made ahead of time for a delicious dinner that comes together in a little over 10 minutes.
I have been working on this Caramelized Onion Steak Naan Pesto Pizza recipe, plus the 3 other naan pesto pizza recipes, for what feels like an eternity. Because of the length of time involved I told my husband that I really hope everyone enjoys these pizzas and the video goes viral. His response, “that’s ok if it doesn’t go viral because I have been eating good.” Not only have we both enjoyed eating the different versions of pesto pizza but it has been a ton of fun making them with him. He has been my partner in crime perfecting making homemade naan and right by my side with the making of the video. I turn to him for his opinion about 5,000 times a day and he even has been doing heavy duty spring cleaning so I can finish these posts and video up. I thank God for my husband even when he is driving me batty…
Tips about Caramelized Onion Steak Naan Pesto Pizza:
- I used my Toasted Walnut Pesto for this Caramelized Onion Steak Naan Pesto Pizza because I love the nuttiness from the walnuts it provides.
- Each pizza will take 1-3 tbsp of pesto depending on personal preferences. Just be careful to not over do it with the pesto to ensure your pizza does not become to oily.
- Making the ingredients ahead of time will make for an incredibly quick dinner that comes together in just a little over 10 minutes. Serve with a side salad for a complete meal.
- Using a pizza paddle makes moving the pizza to an from the oven so much easier. My husband and I both love this one from Amazon because it is sturdy but also compresses well for easy storage in your cupboard. (affiliate)
- Outside of grilling steak I don’t know what I would do without my cast iron frying pans. (affiliate)
- To caramelize the onions I used Chosen Foods Avocado Oil and grass-fed butter for the steak. (affiliate) I have paired my fats down to avocado oil, olive oil, a few nut oils and butter. Want to know why I steer clear of vegetable oil, then check out this incredibly eye opening video.
If you like this Caramelized Onion Steak Naan Pesto Pizza you will love:
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Heat a cast iron frying pan over med/high heat for about 2-3 mins. While pan is heating salt & pepper steak. Add butter to pan and once melted carefully place steak in pan and do not move for 4-5 mins. Flip steak and continue cooking for another 4-5 mins (for med rare). Once done place on cutting board to rest for 5 mins before cutting.
- Meanwhile peel & cut onions into strips. Place a separate large frying pan over med/high heat for about 1-2 mins. Add oil and onion strips. Stir gently so that slices are covered in oil. Continue stirring gently every few mins until caramelized, about 10-12 mins. Turn off heat & set aside.
- Place 1-3 tbsp (depending on taste preferences) on each of the naan. Divide caramelized onions among the 4 breads. Cut steak into cubes & place desired amount on each bread. Top with slices of cheese. Place on cookie sheet and bake in a 425℉ oven for 10 mins.
This recipe is part of Meal Plan Monday.