Bright and citrusy, this Lemon Chicken Stir Fry is perfect for a quick and healthy dinner. Good bye take out, say hello to your new healthy decadence.
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small portion in sales if a purchase is made. Rest assured though, it is never at any additional cost to you.
It’s January 1st and I couldn’t be happier about it.
I love New Years Day because it always feels like a fresh start.
As much as I love the Holidays, I love getting back with eating healthy.
My goal is to give you delicious and healthy meals for the month of January and get my booty back to eating more veggies.
This Lemon Chicken Stir Fry is a great place to start. It is packed full of veggies, is super delicious and it is incredibly easy to make.
Serve over brown rice and it is the perfect meal for the back to healthy start of January.
Want to find more delicious lemon recipes? FOLLOW this Pinterest board!
Tips about Lemon Chicken Stir Fry:
- If you can’t find organic corn starch, arrowroot works as a beautiful thickener also. I actually use arrowroot often and you use it as an exact equivalent to corn starch. (affiliate)
- Save yourself some time and buy pre-cut mushrooms.
- Stir fry’s like this Lemon Chicken Stir Fry can be a fast and easy way to eat healthy. I personally use a flat bottom wok and absolutely love it. (affiliate)
- To safe yourself even more time, use Trader Joe’s precooked Organic Brown Rice.
Lemon Chicken Stir Fry
For the Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest *from 2 large lemons
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 large garlic cloves *minced or crushed, about 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch or arrowroot
For the Stir Fry
- 1 lg chicken breast *cut into strips
- 1 lg zucchini
- 6 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 lg brown onion *roughly chopped about 1 cup
- 2 tsp sesame oil *for frying chicken & veggies
- Precooked brown rice or quinoa
- Mix all ingredients for sauce thoroughly. Set aside.
- Roughly dice onion and cut zucchini into small wedges, keeping veggies separate from one another. Cut chicken into strips.
- Heat wok on highest heat with 1 tsp sesame oil until just smoking. Add chicken and stir fry until cooked through, about 5 mins-set aside. Heat wok again on highest heat until just smoking with an additional 1 tsp sesame oil. Add onion and stir fry until onions are sweating and slightly brown, about 2 mins. Add zucchini and continue stir frying for another 3 mins. Add mushrooms and stir fry until tender- about 4 mins. Remove from wok and set aside. Place wok back on high heat. Mix sauce ingredients again and add to hot wok. Sauce will thicken in about 1 min over direct heat. Add chicken and veggies back into wok and stir until sauce thoroughly coats stir fry. Take off heat and serve immediately.
- Calorie break down does not include rice.
If you love the bright sunny flavor of lemon check these recipe out:
Lane & Holly @ With Two Spoons says
I love all of the veggies! Yum!
This is so delicious! The lemon and garlic add a lovely spin on traditional stir fry. The grocery store I went to did not have fish sauce so I got seafood scampi sauce which was a good alternative. I had carrots, broccoli, pea pods and peppers on hand so used them in place of the zucchini and mushrooms. I’m guessing most vegetable would be good!
Thank you! This made my day and yes you are correct, most veggies would be wonderful. So happy you enjoyed this!
Something’s big crunchy would be yummy in this like water chestnuts or baby corn!
Sounds good to me!! That is what I love about doing a stir fry, you can adjust with all kinds of fun ingredients.
Shannon Laird says
This was great!! I added carrots and broccoli as well as extra chicken and doubled the recipe! I used 2 TBSP of lemon juice and zest of one and a half lemons! Awesome!
Shannon that makes me so happy!! I love the additions and that you added extra lemon. I have turned my whole family into lemon lovers so we love the extra lemon. Thank you for taking the time to rate the recipe.
Turned out perfect and so easy
Melissa Sperka says
I just found dinner for tonight, thank you!
Yay! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
SO easy and yummy! A great addition to our weeknight rotation.
That makes me so happy Liz! ????
Delicious recipe. This is a keeper.
I am so glad to hear. I adore all things lemon and garlic so I feel the same way.
Jennifer Farley says
Chicken stir fry is a staple at our house!
Our’s too!I hope you enjoy.
The sauce is so delicious and I really appreciated that there’s actually enough of it to coat all the ingredients!!
I am so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you!
Toni | Boulder Locavore says
This is such a perfect weeknight meal!
Thank you Toni! It’s definitely a favorite at our house with lots of garlic, lemon and extra sesame oil.
Lori @ RecipeGirl says
Healthy and delicious dinner, thank you!
You are very welcome! Lemon just always makes everything better.
Stephanie @CopyKat.com says
i have some chicken, lemons, and veggies in the refrigerator right now! I can’t wait to serve this up for dinner.
YAY!! I hope you enjoy!
This is such a great easy dinner. Love the lemon with the chicken!
Thank you Erin! I have a complete and total addiction to lemon.????
What does your ingredient list ‘stir fry’ mean? I’m not seeing that as an ingredient wherever I look. Is it stir fry sauce? or prepped stir fry veggies?
It just simple means for the stir fry. I recently changed recipe cards and haven’t had a chance to update all recipe to the new format but will get it changed shortly.