This Salmon Pesto Veggie Pocket is perfect when you are short on time and need a healthy and flavorful meal. Dinner for 2 is served with a 5 minute prep time.
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small portion in sales if a purchase is made. Rest assured though, it is never at any additional cost to you.
We have all been there, trying to eat healthy while not having a ton of time. It can also feel ridiculous cooking when it is just for two. That is when take out from your favorite restaurant starts to sound wonderfully appealing, or sandwiches and cereal end up being the answer. To be honest, I have loved take out and sandwich nights (not so much the cereal option). These can feel like such a fun treat, but after awhile of eating like this, I start feeling run down and not the greatest. That is why I will be focusing on Dinners for 2. My hope is to create healthy and easy meals that are perfect for 1 to 2 people. This Salmon Pesto Veggie Pocket is the perfect place to start. It is easy prep, full of healthy omega-3’s, low-carb and gluten free.
I absolutely love asparagus with salmon and to me they just went hand in hand for this Salmon Pesto Veggie Pocket. Traditionally I would never put pesto on salmon but when I had some of my Toasted Walnut Pesto leftover, it was a no brainer that theses guys were meant to be together.
Here is how easy the prep for this Salmon Pesto Veggie Pocket is.
- Cut 2 pieces of aluminum foil (about 15 inches).
- Wash & cut ends off of asparagus. Lay in center of foil on a diagonal.
- Place salmon on top of asparagus.
- Spread about 1-2 tbsp of Pesto over top of salmon.
- Wash & cut red bell pepper. Place on top of pesto.
- Wrap up in foil. Bake at 400℉ 25-28 mins.
Once the salmon is cooked you will have a flaky, nutty and super healthy dinner that took virtually no effort. You can eat this Salmon Pesto Veggie Pocket by itself or you can make it a super healthy dinner and bake a sweet potato by it’s side.
For other flavorful seafood recipes check out:
Salmon Pesto Veggie Pocket
- 2 salmon fillets *about 3/4 lb, cut to about 3 inches in width
- 4 tbsp pesto
- 20-24 asparagus spears *about 1-1 1/4 lbs
- 1 lg red bell pepper
- aluminum foil for folding
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Cut 2 pieces of aluminum foil- about 15 inches in length. Wash and cut off ends of asparagus. Place half of asparagus diagonally in center of piece of foil. Place 1 salmon fillet on top of asparagus, skin side down. Spread half of pesto on top of fillet. Wash and cut bell pepper into strips, lay over top of pesto.
- Fold all 4 sides of foil, like a envelope, ending up with a foil pocket.
- Repeat with second salmon fillet.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 25-28 mins or until veggies are preferred tenderness.