This Simple Asian Slaw recipe is a crispy and refreshing companion to many asian dishes. Comes together in minutes, disappears almost as fast and is a fun way to eat your veggies.
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small portion in sales if a purchase is made. Rest assured though, it is never at any additional cost to you.
There is something about food that is refreshing, delicious and basically just fun to eat. That is exactly what this Simple Asian Slaw is and boy did I need something just like this after the last few weeks of craziness. Let’s be honest, who hasn’t had higher stress levels with the changes over here in the good ol’ USA. Regardless of what side you land on there comes a time when you have to step back, rest and enjoy your family. In my opinion cooking a meal like this Simple Asian Slaw along with Crockpot Beef Asian Lettuce Wraps is such a great way to accomplish all three. The two together were incredibly easy to make and absolutely delicious. My husband literally said, “this is like eating a really fun salad.” You can imagine how happy that made me that not only did he really enjoy the meal but also I packed him full of veggies. Happy dance, happy dance….
Tips about Simple Asian Slaw:
- Finely shred the cabbage and thinly slice the red onion. Cucumbers can be in larger pieces.
- Either English cucumbers or regular cucumbers can be used for this Simple Asian Slaw. Peel and then deseed the cucumbers by first cutting them in half lengthwise. Once cut, scrape a serving spoon along the inside of the cucumber making sure to only remove the soft seeded center.
- Do not dress the slaw until right before serving. By doing this the veggies will stay crisp much longer.
- The beauty of making this Simple Asian Slaw along with Crockpot Beef Asian Lettuce Wraps is that everything can be prepared in the morning and dinner is ready once the slaw is dressed. Talk about easy.
Simple Asian Slaw
- 1/2 small head red cabbage *thinly shredded about 3 cups
- 2 lg cucumbers *peeled deseeded & cut into 1/2 moon slices
- 1 small red onion *cut thinly about 1 cup
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey or agave
- Prepare the first 3 ingredients and place in a 4-5 quart bowl. Whisk together the ingredients for dressing. Refrigerate both and dress slaw right before serving.