Strawberry Walnut Salad
So easy to make and completely irrisitable. Strawberry Walnut Salad is great for potlucks, BBQ's, Spring dinners or as a meal for salad lovers.
Servings 8 servings
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic *crushed or minced
- salt & pepper *to taste
Spring Mix Salad
- 10 oz Spring mix *about 2 bags
- 1/2 med red onion *sliced thinly
- 4 oz feta *crumbled or diced
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts *toasted
- 2 cups strawberries *sliced
Preheat oven to 350℉. Place walnuts in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 mins, keeping a watchful eye that they do not burn.
Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.
- Keep a watchful eye as walnuts cook. They are done once they have turned a light golden brown and you can smell them. Walnuts can go from being done to burnt very quickly.
- Garlic is optional and should not be used if anyone is sensitive to garlic.
- The amount of salt and pepper is based on personal preferences. However, I have found a 1/2 tsp sea salt and a 1/4 tsp black pepper to work well for this size of salad.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 192mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 462IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 1mg