Guacamole Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Servings 6 sandwiches
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 ripe Hass Avocados *diced
- 2 limes juiced *about 5 tbsp
- 1/4 cup diced red onion *about 1/4 of small onion
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/2 bunch cilantro *finely chopped about 3/4 cup
- 3 cloves garlic *crushed
- 1 lg roma tomato *diced, about 1/3 cup
- 12 slices favorite bread
Preheat oven to 400℉.
To a medium sized mixing bowl add first 6 ingredients and mix well. Transfer chickpeas to a sided cookie sheet and bake for 17-20 mins. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, using long handled tongs carefully roast the jalapeño over the open flame of the stovetop burner until skin of jalapeño begins to char and blister, making sure to roast all sides. Let cool and then dice, removing seeds for less heat.
In the same mixing bowl add remaining ingredients with the exception of the bread and stir well. Spread sandwich mixture evenly onto bread to form sandwiches.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.
- Baking the chickpeas is an optional step. However, it helps to soften the chickpeas and releases the oils in the spices for an even better tasting and textured sandwich.
- Chickpea mixture will keep for up to two days in covered container with a layer of lime juice (see notes above in post).
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 317mg | Potassium: 644mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 267IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 3mg