Chocolate Rum Balls
An elegant cookie that is extremely easy to make. With a mixture of dark rum, cookie crumbs and chopped pecans, these are a perfect boozy Christmas cookie.
Servings 24 Cookies
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (see Note 1)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp cacao powder *or cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp honey *or corn syrup
- 1/4 cup dark rum
Rum Ball Coating
- 1/4- 1/2 cup sparkling sugar, granulated sugar, chocolate sprinkles, coconut, cacoa powder, powdered sugar, chopped pecans *Choose one of the 6 options (see Note 3)
Using a food processor or rolling pin method (see Note 2) crush wafer cookies.
In a medium sized mixing bowl combine cookie crumbs, powdered sugar, pecans and cacao powder. Mix well.
To the bowl add rum and honey. Stir until well combined. If dough is too wet, add an addittional 2-6 tbsps more of cookies crumbs. (See photo collage above.)
Using hands, shape into 1 inch balls.
Roll in one of the coating options above.
Store in an airtight container.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.
- One 11 oz box of vanilla wafers is enough to make a double batch of Rum Balls with extra crumbs if dough is too moist. Chocolate wafer cookies may also be used for an extra deep chocolate flavor.
- To crush the wafer cookies either use a food processor or place cookies in a sealed plastic bag and roll a rolling pin over the top of the cookies until they reach a fine cookie crumb consistency.
- Depending on the coating option chosen, 1/4 to 1/2 cup will be needed for a single batch.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 70mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg