Stick To Your Ribs BBQ Sauce
A homemade bbq sauce that rivals the South using real food.
Servings 14 servings
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 med onion *finely diced
- 3 lg cloves garlic
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 7 oz jar or can of tomato paste
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar *packed
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- tsp mesquite seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
Dice onion. Warm oil in a med sauce pan. Sauté onion until soft and translucent. Peel and crush garlic. Add to onion and sauté for a few minutes making sure not to burn garlic.
Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, molasses, brown sugar, vinegar, worcestershire, liquid smoke and soy sauce. Stir until combined.
Add spices and stir well. Cook over low heat until desired thickness, approximately 10-15 mins, stirring frequently. Taste and adjust seasoning for desired flavor making sure to add additional flavors in small batches if needed.
Cool. Use an immersion blender for smooth texture. *optional
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.
- For an extra thick sauce, substitute tomato sauce for tomato paste. Cans and jars will run from 6-8 oz and will still work well for recipe.
Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 359mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 307IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg