Ground Beef Stroganoff
An easy and absolultey delicious comfort meal perfect for weeknights. Rich and savory, this Ground Beef Stroganoff is just so good with deep and savory flavors.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil *divided into 2
- 24 oz pre-sliced Cremini mushrooms
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 med brown onion *diced about 1 cup
- 1- 1 1/3 lbs lean ground beef *I used the 1 1/3 lb organic ground beef from Costco
- 4-6 garlic cloves *crushed or minced, about 2 tbsp
- 2 heaping tsp smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce *use gluten-free for gluten-free needs
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 cup sour cream
- 16 oz package egg noodles *Look above under questions for gluten free alternatives.
- 2 tbsp butter *or substitute with olive oil
- fresh chives for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.
To lower calories per serving use extra lean ground beef and nonfat Greek Yogurt.
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 454mg | Potassium: 1305mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 426IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 5mg