Mexican Coleslaw with Cilantro Lime Dressing
Fresh flavors of Cilantro, Lime and mild ground chili pepper is what makes this Mexican Coleslaw so delicious. Even better, no mayo is used making this perfect for those eating dairy free.
Servings 8 servings
- 4-5 cups shredded cabbage *about 1/2 med cabbage or about 14 oz
- 1 sm red onion *cut into strips, about 1 cup
- 1 sm bunch cilantro *chopped, about 1- 1 1/2 cups
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime zested *see note 1
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt *see note 2 below for low iodine salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder *from real ground chilis, see note 3 below
In a large mixing bowl whisk together oil, lime zest, lime juice, salt, pepper and chili powder.
Add in shredded cabbage, red onion and cilantro. Toss well.
Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.
- Adding in the lime zest intensifies the lime flavor making this dressing out of this world. This tool does an excellent job of zesting.
- If using this amazing tasting low iodine salt, increase total amount to 1 tsp. This is because the salt flakes measure differently than traditional salt.
- Most chili powders are a blend of spices. For a more authentic flavor use pure ground chili powder like this one.
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 61IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg