Rocket Your Mind Salad
A nutty salad with a snappy freshness.
Servings 6 servings
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lg lemon *juiced, approximately 1/4 cup
- 2 med med cloves garlic *crushed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 8-9 oz farro grain
- 7 oz bag of arugula
- 1/2 bunch med cilantro *roughly chopped
- 20 leaves fresh mint *torn
- 1 cup sugar plum tomatoes *cut in half
- sm red onion *diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
Cook farro according to instructions on package. If using traditional farro (not quick cooking) soak overnight for faster boiling times.
For the Vinaigrette - Whisk together oil and lemon juice. Add crushed garlic and salt, whisk to incorporate.
For the Salad- Once farro is cooked to a tender chewiness, drain and let sit to cool for approximately 10 mins. Add to Vinaigrette and toss. Let farro cool to room temptaure before adding veggies. Add veggies, herbs and cheese to farro/vinaigrette mixture and toss well.
*Please use as much organic as possible.
- Cooking times are for quick cooking farro.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 348mg | Potassium: 329mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1211IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 2mg