Healthy Pumpkin Cake
Healthy Pumpkin Cake is loaded with wholesome ingredients and it turns out moist and decadent. Add on the smooth cream cheese frosting and it's an oeey gooey marvelous autumn cake.
Servings 16 servings
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground oats *measure 1/2 cup rolled oats first and then grind
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts *measure 1/2 cup walnut halves and then grind
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed) *light or dark
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp oil *I used avocado oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tsp vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 tbsp butter *room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese *room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp half and half *or evaporated milk
Preheat oven to 325℉ . Grease and floour a 9x13 inch pan.
Measure 1/2 cup rolled oats and 1/2 cup walnuts. Grind well using blender and add to a medium sized mixing bowl.
Measure and combine remaining dry ingredients with the exception of chocolate chips and chopped walnuts and add to ground ingredients. Mix well.
In a stand mixture measure and combine all wet ingredients. Mix well.
Add 1/2 of dry ingredients to wet and mix until just incorporated. Scrap down sides of mixer bowl and repeat with remaining dry ingredients.
Add chopped walnuts and chocolate chips to batter. Stir just until blended in.
Bake for 35-40 mins or until cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
Let cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
In a stand mixer, cream butter and cream cheese. Add powered sugar 1 cup at a time mixing thoroughly before adding next cup. Halfway through creaming process add vanilla. If frosting becomes to thick, add milk 1 tbsp at a time until correct consistency. Beat for a full two minutes at high speed.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.
- Measure the 1/2 cup rolled oats and 1/2 cup walnuts and then grind. This helps the cake to still have great texture with a limited amount of all purpose flour.
- Accidentally purchased sweetened condensed milk? No worries! Just simply eliminate the honey and use the same amount of milk.
- Eliminating the cream cheese frosting helps to lower the sugar levels for an even healthier cake.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 53g | Vitamin A: 4941IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 2mg