Creamy Lemon Dill Salmon Pasta
Creamy Lemon Dill Salmon Pasta has flaky salmon, a luscious cream sauce, perfectly cooked broccoli, all with your favorite choice of pasta. Not only is this Salmon Pasta easy to make, it also comes together in under 30 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 8 oz pasta of choice
- 3 cups broccoli florets *about one large head of broccoli
- 1/2 lb salmon filet *or side of salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon juiced *about 2-3 tbsp
- 1/2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic *about 2-3 large cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 tbsp dill
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling lightly salt water and cook pasta to al dente (almost done) following direction on package.Clean and cut broccoli into florets. Add to colander and once pasta is cooked drain pasta over broccoli. (This technique will perfectly blanch the broccoli very quickly and easily)
Meanwhile, prepare garlic, lemon juice, capers, grate parmesan, measure wine and heavy whipping cream.
Place large frying pan over med heat and add butter and oil. When pan has come to heat sear each side of salmon for approximately 2 mins per side. Once seared, remove salmon onto a large plate. At this time if there is salmon skin, carefully remove the skin. (See notes in post and below for tips on how to remove.)Drain frying pan of excess oil.
Place frying pan back over med heat. Add in wine, lemon juice, capers and pepper. Simmer for 2 mins, making sure to scrape down pan helping the sauce to absorb the browned bits.
Add in crushed garlic and simmer for an additional min.
Stir in heavy creamy and bring back to a simmer over the same med heat.
Once sauce is simmering lower heat and add in parmesan and dill. Continue cooking and stirring on low heat until cheese is melted into sauce.
Once cheese has melted break salmon apart into smaller serving sized pieces if neccessary and add into sauce. Cook salmon in sauce on low heat for 3-4 mins.
Toss in cooked pasta and broccoli and serve immediately.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.
- Generally when cooking pasta it is customary to heavily salt the boiling water. Due to the nature of ingredients for this Salmon Pasta, it is best to lightly salt the boiling water before cooking the pasta.
- Al dente means to the tooth or almost done. Pasta is al dente when it is edible but has a slight amount of give when chewed.
- Having all the sauce ingredients ready to go before making the sauce will make the process much easier. This tool and this one will make for easy preparation.
- Before searing the salmon it will take approximately 4-5 minutes before frying pan reaches ideal temperature over medium heat.
- If using salmon fillet with the skin attached first sear salmon and then let cool enough to touch without burning your fingers. Lift the edge of skin and run two fingers underneath skin to remove.
Calories: 641kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 525mg | Potassium: 699mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1388IU | Vitamin C: 66mg | Calcium: 379mg | Iron: 2mg