Mango Shrimp Kabobs
Absolutley divine, Mango Shrimp Kabobs recipe creates a healthy and tropical tasting main or appetizer. With flavors of lime, orange, garlic and ginger these shrimp are perfect for grilling season.
Servings 9 servings
Mango Sauce Marinade
- 1 1/2 cups diced mango *2 cups if frozen, see recipe notes below
- 6 lg garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 inch piece ginger *peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne *see recipe notes below for heat ranges
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 med sized limes *zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lg bunch cilantro
- 1 large orange *zested, juice later for reserved marinade
- 3 lbs extra large, jumbo or extra jumbo raw shrimp *26/30, 21/25 or 16/20 size
For the Reserved Marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice *from zested orange
Place the reserved marinade into a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk in orange juice (from large orange), olive oil and salt. Brush grilled shrimp with reserved marinade or use as a dipping sauce.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.
- If using frozen mango chunks, defrost before making Mango Sauce.
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper will produce a mild heat, 1 tsp a medium heat and 2tsp-1/2 tbsp a hot heat.
- If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak in water for at least 30 minutes but preferably the duration of marinating time.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 381mg | Sodium: 1546mg | Potassium: 221mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 734IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 236mg | Iron: 4mg