Crispy Sesame Beef
Flavorful, crispy, sweet and sticky! This easy Crispy Sesame Beef is full of comfort and makes a wonderful date night in meal.
Servings 4 servings
For the Beef
- 16 oz top sirloin steak
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup high heat oil *I used avocado oil
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp Hoisin
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine *(dry sherry or orange juice can be replaced for Shaoxing wine)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic *crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh peeled & grated ginger *or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp crushed red chilli pepper flakes
- sesame seeds
- diced green onions
Cut top sirloin steak into thin strips (see How To Easily Cut Beef Into Strips section above).
Place cornstarch into a bowl. Working with a few beef strips at a time dredge in cornstarch. Seperate dredged beef strips into 3 batches.
Heat a large frying pan with oils over medium high heat. Oil is ready to fry when tiny bubbles appear around tip of wooden spoon or chop stick. This will take about 2 mins (see section above in post for more details).
Working in batches, fry beef strips until crispy brown, about 3-4 mins per side. Carefully remove beef strips onto a paper towel lined plate and repeat with remaining 2 batches.
Whisk together ingredients for sauce.
In a seperate large frying pan or wok add sauce and heat over medium/high heat until sauce start to boil. Add in all of the cripsy beef strips and toss until well coated. Serve immediately over rice. Garnish with sesame seeds or diced green onions.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.
- Nutritional information does not include rice.
- To make this a fully gluten free meal use this Soy Sauce, this Rice Vinegar and this Hoisin.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 19.2g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 598mg | Potassium: 462mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg