Rocket Pear Salad
Pear, arugula, candied walnuts and a balsamic vinaigrette make for an irresistable side salad or main entree. So good our family can eat this for several nights in a row.
Servings 4 servings
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp coarse grained dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic *about 3 lg garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Salad
- 1 small red onion *cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 7 oz bag arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- 1 lg bosc pear *thinly sliced and cut in half
- 1 cup Candied Walnuts
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.
- If serving 4, this recipe makes 4 small side salads.
- For those who love salads and are eating this as the main entree, this recipe will serve 1-2 people.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 558mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1290IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 245mg | Iron: 1mg