Pineapple Chicken Curry
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tbsp high heat oil *such as avocado oil
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 2 cans 13.5 oz coconut milk *or coconut cream for extra creamy
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks in juice *reserve 1/2 cup of juice from can
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts *sliced thinly
- 1 med red bell pepper *sliced into strips
- 1 med yellow bell pepper *sliced into strips
- 1/2 med brown onion *sliced into strips
- 10 basil leaves *torn
- 5 mint leaves *torn
- precooked short grain brown rice *double batch recommended
Cut and prepare bell peppers and onion. Thinely slice chicken breasts. Drain pineapple chunks reserving 1/2 cup of juice.
Heat a large frying pan over high heat with oil. Stir in curry paste and cook stirring frequently until fragrant, about 4 mins.
Stir in cocomut milk, pineapple juice, fish sauce and chicken. Bring to a simmer and cook for 4 mins.
Add cut veggies and pineapple. Cook an addittional 3-4 mins.
Turn off heat. Stir in basil and mint leaves and let sit for 1-2 mins.
Serve over precooked rice.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.
- This recipe is cooked on high heat. Since some stovetop ranges run very hot, be careful not to burn. In addition, cooking times may take longer for ranges that do not run as hot.
- If Thai basil is available, use approximately 10 leaves in place of the regular basil and mint.
- If making brown rice from scratch, total cooking time will be a little over an hour.
- The total calories are with lite coconut milk and does not include rice.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 781mg | Potassium: 387mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 2331IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg