Warm, flaky and with the perfect amount of butter, Best Ever Biscuits are often the star of dinner table. One of my family’s favorite treats!
My husband Paul has become our resident biscuit, tortilla and Homemade Naan maker because he really enjoys it and because he makes them so well. He has experimented with many different biscuit recipes but he was never truly happy with the outcome of the biscuits until he tried the recipe on the back of my favorite flour, Bob’s Red Mill Organic All-Purpose Flour (affiliate). These biscuits turn out unbelievably delicious, flaky and they disappear incredibly fast.
One of my favorite elements of Bob’s Red Mill’s products is there packaging. It keeps the bugs out… I apologize for talking about bugs but the reality is many of the other brand’s packaging allows those pesky critters in. There is nothing worse than baking a recipe and then returning a week later to find the flour full of those vermin. Long story short, it is never an issue with Bob’s Red Mill.
Tips for Best Ever Biscuits:
- Pulse dry ingredients in food processor a few times before adding butter. This will fully incorporate the baking powder into the flour.
- Work with cold butter!!
- Cut butter, add to processor and pulse until mixture resembles small marbles.
- Dough will be moist. Fold in enough flour so dough will not be sticky and will be easier to work with.
- We love our biscuit cutters from Amazon. There are multiple sizes however we use the biggest cutter and the smaller ones are perfect for cutting cookies. (affiliate)
- Dip your biscuit cutter in a little flour before cutting to prevent the biscuit from sticking to the cutter.
- If you prefer making the Best Ever Biscuits by hand you will need a pastry cutter but using a food processor is they way to go. (affiliate)