Children will eat this Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing by the spoonful and grown men will stop in their tracks to ask what smells so good. This dressing is so versatile. You can use it in tacos, dip french fries in it and of course dress your salad with it. For cilantro lovers, the opportunities are endless.
How can you not love a dressing that uses such fresh ingredients?
For somebody contemplating clean eating, this is a great place to start. The cost factor alone makes it extremely attractive. Your looking at a grand total of about $4.50 per each container of dressing that you make. That is using organic ingredients. If you use nonorganic the cost goes to about $3.00 a container. The total time in preparing the dressing is about 12 minutes.
12 minutes and $4.50 later you have a dressing that is void of inflammation causing chemicals and sugars. A dressing that is full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and many other elements that aid in disease prevention.
So not only will your body thank you, but your mouth will be overjoyed!
Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small container plain greek yogurt 5-6 oz *use nonfat to lower calories
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 lg bunch cilantro roughly chopped
- 2-3 med cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Place olive oil, yogurt, lime juice, white wine vinegar, sea salt and peeled garlic in a blender or food processor. Thoroughly wash cilantro and roughly chop. Add half of the cilantro and puree until incorporated. Add remaining cilantro and puree until smooth.