These highly seductive Lusciously Lemon Bars are the perfect mouth watering treat for the lemon lovers in your life. They are buttery, rich, refreshing and simple to make.
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small portion in sales if a purchase is made. Rest assured though, it is never at any additional cost to you.
We all have that one food that we just love regardless of how it is prepared. You know the one, the one that you will have dreams about and makes you go weak in the knees. That when you see pictures of your mouth starts watering and you instantly have cravings for. Well lemons are that food for me. Yes, I admit it, I am a full on, hard core lemon lover. So you can imagine my delight when after a family get together I was given a bunch of fresh home grown lemons. Talk about hitting the jackpot!!! I was in heaven. Interestingly, because of my love of this heavenly fruit, my family has started to become lemon lovers also. My brother jumped on the opportunity and immediately worked on the recipe for these Lusciously Lemon Bars, much to my delight. While he was working away on these beauties, I was busy making homemade Limoncello that should be on the blog in about a month.
If you have read some of my previous posts over the last couple of months than you know that I chose to do an elimination diet. I eliminated some of the top allergen foods for 3 weeks which is considered to be phase 1. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to slowly introduce them back in the way I should have for phase 2 and because of this I will be repeating phase 1 again soon. After going through the 3 weeks and seeing my reaction after eating some of the eliminated foods, my suspicion is that I have a sensitivity to gluten. More will be shared in future blog posts, but in the meantime, I really wanted to enjoy these Lusciously Lemon Bars. Changing from all-purpose flour to Trader Joes Gluten Free All-Purpose flour is a quick and easy way to make this recipe gluten free and it still tastes phenomenal.
Moving forward, my plan is to have as many of my recipes as possible be written with gluten free alternatives. This way both the gluten eating crowd and the gluten free crowd can enjoy recipes like this Lusciously Lemon Bars.
For other mouth-watering dessert recipes check out:
Lusciously Lemon Bars
For the Crust
- 1 cup butter *softened
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour *use TJ's Gluten Free All-purpose for gluten free bars
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Filling
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour *use TJ's Gluten Free All-purpose for gluten free bars
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2/3 cup lemon juice *about 3 lg lemons
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Cream softened butter, sugar, extract and flour together- mixture will be granular. Press into uncreased 9x13 inch pan. Bake 15-20 mins or until firmed and slightly golden.
- While crust is baking, whisk together filling ingredients using a stand mixer, until filling is well incorporated.
- Pour filling over baked crust. Bake an additional 20 mins. As the bars cool they will become firm. Dust with powdered sugar after 5 mins of cooling. Allow bars to cool completely before cutting.
Adapted from allrecipes.com.
This recipe is part of Meal Plan Monday.