Simple Grilled Asian Wings have a hint of sweet and spice with the flavors of sesame, honey, garlic and ginger. The perfect wing for those who love flavor without all the sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small portion in sales if a purchase is made. Rest assured though, it is never at any additional cost to you.
Where do I start with these oh so yummy Simple Grilled Asian Wings? My husband and I worked on this recipe a few months ago during football season and I am kicking myself that I didn’t get this up sooner. Wings and football go hand in hand, as I learned from my husband a few years ago. He had been on the road working but was in Southern California. I met up with him at the hotel bar and we had a wings and a football date. I really had never been much into wings prior to that point, but once I had them I was hooked. As good as those wings were that day, I love that my favorite family farm, Primal Pastures , sells these wonderfully organic and pasture raised wings. They are big, meaty and perfect for the grill. The marinade for these beauties literally only takes minutes to make. Marinade them over night, grill on the low the next day and you will have Simple Grilled Asian Wings that are much healthier than anything you can buy in a restaurant.
Tips for Simple Grilled Asian Wings
- Marinade takes 10 mins to make. Use 1/2- 1 tsp powdered ginger and it becomes even faster.
- Marinate the chicken for a full 24 hours and my oh my, does the flavor intensify.
- Wanna kick up the heat a bit? Double up the Sriracha and chili pepper flakes in the marinade. If you really want to walk on the wild side, add a cut up a habanero.
- Make sure to preheat the grill for about 5 mins. Grill low and slow for 8-10 mins per side for large wings and 6-8 mins for smaller wings.
- Not thrilled with the charred part of the wing? Just skip the grilling on high at the end and add a few more mins on low.
- 16 wings
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce *or tamari for gluten free
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 1 inch ginger *peeled & grated
- 5-6 garlic cloves *minced or crushed, aboy 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk oil with soy sauce, vinegar, honey and Sriracha. Stir in chili pepper flakes, garlic and ginger.
- Rinse off wings and place in a large ziplock bag. Pour marinade over wings and close making sure to release excess air. Give the wings a good shake making sure they are covered in marinade. Let marinade over night or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill on low for 5-10 mins. Grill large wings for 8-10 mins per side with the lid closed and small wings for 6-8 mins per side.
- Once grilled on both sides kick the heat up to high for 4 mins for slightly charred areas. If skipping the last 4 mins, additional time may be needed on low heat.