Husband Approved Dry Rub makes chicken, ribs or your favorite cut of meat taste absolutely phenomenal. This recipe has a great balance of heat, spice and sweetness. Both men and women will go crazy for the flavors of this dry rub.
Recently I had the pleasure of watching my husband, father and brother dive into a plate of ribs that were made with this Husband Approved Dry Rub recipe. It was like watching men who hadn’t eaten for a year eat again. Ok, so I will admit, I was also acting like a voracious animal myself tearing into those ribs because, they were that glorious. This rub was a huge reason why. This dry rub recipe has a wonderful balance of sweet to smokiness with a mild to medium heat. I would love to be able to say I created this recipe but I only created the name. My younger brother Tommy has a deep love for BBQ and smoked flavors. With that love he created this Husband Approved Dry Rub recipe and was gracious enough to let me share it with all of you. Just look at how gorgeous meat turns out using this rub:
Husband Approved Dry Rubbed Chicken
Tips about Husband Approved Dry Rub:
- First off, if you are fairly new to grilling and/or cooking meats, you may be asking what is a dry rub? Dry rubs generally consist of dried spices, herbs, sugar and seasonings rubbed on meats before cooking. Their sole purpose is to impart flavor.
- Dry rubs are generally applied right before cooking however they can be applied a few hours before cooking to increase the flavor profile.
- Pro Tip: Buy quality spices for this rub. Here are some of my favorites: Onion powder, Smoked paprika, Chipotle powder, Garlic powder, Black pepper and Brown sugar. (affiliate)
- This Husband Approved Dry Rub recipe produces a medium heat. For a more mild heat use 1/2 tsp- 1 tsp chipotle powder and substitute the amount taken out with smoked paprika.
Husband Approved Dry Rub
- 1/3 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Measure all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and thoroughly mix to fully incorporate spices. Rub on all sides of your favorite cut of meat.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.* Recipe makes enough rub for 1 full rack of ribs, 1 large piece of meat or 6-10 chicken pieces.