Light and refreshing, Pineapple Coconut Popsicles are a delightful homemade treat perfect for surviving the hot months of summer.
Yesterday was a day like most days for me. I worked on my blog, spent time with family but I also made sure to enjoy the beautiful sunny Southern California day we were having. I did so by taking my 4 year old niece on a walk to go flower hunting. We were on a mission to see how many colors we could spot. Can I just say now how much I love that little girl? I adore her not only because she is family but I swear she has the best personality. Her excitement and sense of humor about life in general can be so contagious. On our walk she bursted with such excitement as she found the different colors. “Look Headie (how she says Heather), there’s PINK!!” she exclaimed with a skip to her step. Inevitably any bad mood I carry on my shoulders melts away with the joy she radiates. Yesterday made me realize the fun that the change of season will bring and definitely put me in the mood for summer treats like these Pineapple Coconut Popsicles. I am excited for warm breezy summer days filled with giggles and new adventures.
Tips about Pineapple Coconut Popsicles:
- I used 1 can of Trader Joe’s organic coconut milk for these Pineapple Coconut Popsicles. For an even more creamy treat replace with a can of coconut cream.
- Don’t skip the step of heating the coconut milk and honey together. It allows the coconut solids, coconut liquids and honey to fully mix together.
- If you have never used coconut milk from a can, do not worry that the liquid part is separated from the solid part. This is totally how coconut products behave.
- Here is my favorite popsicle mold that makes professional looking popsicles. I love them because they are BPA free and stainless steel. (affiliate) Word of warning, they are a little pricey. Pro Tip: Run mold under hot water for 2-3 seconds on each side for an easy release of popsicle. If removing all popsicles at once, refreeze immediately after removal.
- If you are a coconut chocolate fan then check out my Almond Joy Fudgesicles.
Pineapple Coconut Popsicles
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cups pineapple chunks *fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract *optional
In a medium sized sauce pan heat coconut milk and honey together until coconuts milk solids are melted and mixture is fully incorporated.
Add pineapple chunks to a blender and pour milk mixture over. Add extract and blend until well mixed. Add shredded coconut and stir with a spoon. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 6-8 hours.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.*
This recipe is part of Meal Plan Monday.