Buttery, minty and sweet, these Candy Cane Cookies will put an extra twinkle in Santa’s eyes and definitely make for a magical Christmas Eve.
Candy Cane Cookies
I love Christmas!!!
From the cheesy romantic Christmas movies to the scent of pine filling my house, Christmas has always been a very special time to me.
This is the time of year my husband gets to come home and stay home until the New Year.
Together we plan for special meals, special gifts and just hang out.
There is always lots of baking going on at my house during the Holidays and cookies for Santa is becoming a very big deal here on Christmas Eve.
I heard through a very good resource that Santa really loves Candy Cane Cookies.
So you can imagine how happy I was when my cousin Niki told me her mom had the recipe and would love to share it with you.
You can rest assured that Santa will have that special twinkle in his eye when he visits your house.
Tips about Candy Cane Cookies:
- One of my favorite flours to use for baking old fashioned desserts is Bob’s Red Mill Organic All-Purpose Flour. I love this flour for a few reasons: 1) It always bakes very consistently and 2) The packaging keeps out those pesky little disgusting bugs that can infiltrate your flour. (affiliate)
- To crush the candy canes either use a food processor or place the unwrapped candy canes in a ziplock bag and pound with a meat tenderizer until crushed.(affiliate)
- If you are like myself and care very much about using organic ingredients, than you know finding organic candy canes can be a little tricky. They can be found at some organic health food stores or through Amazon. (affiliate)
- The most important tip to having beautifully round cookies is to not over crowd the cookie sheet as these Candy Cane Cookies will spread.
- To add to the festive look and taste of these Candy Cane Cookies, drizzle with melted white chocolate and sprinkle with extra crushed candy canes after the cookies have cooled.
Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- Crushed candy canes *about 8-10
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and cream of tarter.
- Add dry ingredients to wet. Mix until incorporated.
- Refrigerate dough for one hour.
- Roll tablespoon size portion on dough between hands and then roll through crushed candy canes.
- Bake on parchment lined cookies sheet making sure to no over crowd the cookie sheet for approximately 8-10 minutes or until just slightly browned on the edges. Remove to wire rack to cool.
For other delicious Holiday treats check out these recipes: