Incredibly healthy and delicious, Carrot Cucumber Asian Slaw will satisfy your taste buds and hunger alike. Perfect as a light lunch or dinner with it’s fresh, crunchy veggies and the creamy nuttiness of a sesame, peanut dressing.
Carrot Cucumber Asian Slaw
I have been pretty open in some of my social media posts about how much I enjoy food.
Makes sense with me being a food blogger and all.
I think when I say I enjoy food that is really an understatement.
I love to eat!!
I love to eat the seriously decadent comfort food all the way to the really healthy meal.
The perfect scenario for me, combining the two to create healthy decadence and that is what happened with this Carrot Cucumber Asian Slaw.
It is full of good for you veggies but the sesame peanut dressing is to die for.
And you guys, (hanging my head in shame), I ate the entire bowl of it yesterday.
With it being election day I had two things on my mind. Get this recipe done and who on earth was going to be our next president.
I basically ate this Carrot Cucumber Asian Slaw for breakfast, lunch and dinner yesterday.
That means I ate 4 large carrots, 2 english cucumber and 2 lg red bell peppers. Got my nutrition in for the day…????.
The takeaway is that this slaw is tasty enough to eat all day and that I did.
Tips about Carrot Cucumber Asian Slaw:
- This was my first time using a spiralizer and I loved it. It was so much faster than julienning the veggies. Whether you choose to julienne the veggies or use a spiralizer, either way won’t effect how tasty this recipe is.
- My personal preference it to use English cucumbers over regular cucumbers for this recipe. The English variety tends to have smaller seeds, less likely to be bitter and is less watery. If you chose the regular variety cucumber, deseed first before julienning.
- To make this a low carb lunch or dinner add 3 to 4 oz cooked chicken breasts.
- Carrot Cucumber Asian Slaw is a perfect make ahead dish that tastes great cold and would go great next to a number of Asian dishes like Korean BBQ Ribs, Simple Grilled Asian Wings and Asian Chicken Sriracha Bowl.
Carrot Cucumber Asian Slaw
- 3-4 lg carrots *about 4 cups julienned
- 2 english cucumbers *about 4 cup julienned
- 2 lg red bell peppers *about 1 1/2 cups julienned
- 1 small bunch cilantro *about 1/2 cup chopped
- 4 green onions *about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1/3 cup whole roasted peanuts *chopped
- For the Sesame Peanut Dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp chunky peanut butter
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice *about 1 lime
- 1/2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce *tamari for gluten free
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger
- 2 garlic cloves *minced or crushed
Process carrots, cucumbers and red bell peppers by either julienning or spiralizing and place in large mixing bowl. Add chopped green onions, cilantro and peanuts.
In a smaller mixing bowl whisk together all ingredients for dressing.
Pour dressing over veggies and toss well.
Recipe Notes*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.* Ginger is an affiliate link.
If Healthy Decadence is your thing too than check out these recipes:
This recipe is part of Food Network’s Fall Fest recipe round up. For more carrot inspiration check out:
The Lemon Bowl: Roasted Root Vegetable Soup
Hey Grill Hey: Bacon Wrapped Maple Glazed Carrots
The Mediterranean Dish: Turmeric Roasted Carrots
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Carrot Peas Pilaf
A Mind “Full” Mom: Vegan Carrot Soup with Spiced Peanuts
Pinch My Salt: Carrot Tomato Chipotle Soup
Healthy Eats: 7 Healthy Ways to Turn Carrots Into Cake
The Mom 100: Carrot, Cabbage and Kohlrabi Slaw with Miso Dressing
Taste with the Eyes: Baby Rainbow Carrots with Hazelnuts, Truffle and Hollandaise
This recipe is also part of Meal Plan Monday.