Simple, refreshing and filling, Greek Turkey Burgers Sliders are a fun alternative to the traditional American hamburger.
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small portion in sales if a purchase is made. Rest assured though, it is never at any additional cost to you.
When you love to cook you start to collect quite a collection of kitchen gear. Add in the fact that you cook for a living and your kitchen really starts bursting at the seams. Any of my friends and family that has spent any time in my kitchen will laugh at me when I say this, but I have a wish list of kitchen equipment that I can’t wait to get my hands on. At the top of that list sits the KitchenAid attachments like their meat grinder. I can’t wait to be able to freshly grind my favorite cuts of meat to make recipes like these Greek Turkey Burger Sliders. I absolutely adore KitchenAid but honestly who doesn’t. The very first KitchenAid mixer I owned as an adult was given to me by my then boyfriend and my now husband. We were just newly dating and I had received a very sweet flower bouquet for my birthday. The next day I received a big, huge, ginormous box at my front door. After fighting it in the house and up the stairs I tore into that box with incredible excitement and curiosity. I was floored that my Paul had bought me a Professional KitchenAid mixer. I called, he didn’t answer but I proceeded to leave the excited screaming child on Christmas morning message. The cutest thing is he held onto that message for years. As you can imagine I love KitchenAid mixers not only for their top rating performances but they hold a special place in my heart too.
Tips about Greek Turkey Burger Sliders:
- Tzatziki Sauce goes beautifully with these sliders either as a condiment or served as a dip with pita chips.
- Dressing the sliders with fresh mint adds a refreshing twist and it pairs beautifully with the dill weed.
- If you enjoy your burgers extra cheesy, add a full cup of feta.
- Simply Organic Dill Weed is by far my favorite dried dill and Amazon has it at a great price. (affiliate)
- These Greek Turkey Burger Sliders are perfect for movie night with a side of pita chips and cut tomatoes.
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- heaping 1/2 cup feta
- 1 tbsp dill weed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 14 mini sized hamburger buns
- oil for frying
- Tzatziki Sauce
- 20-30 spinach leaves
- 20-30 fresh mint leaves
- red onion slices
- cucumber slices *cut thinly
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients for the burgers and mix well. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup form patties. If using hands to mix, dip fingers into a small bowl of water will help to prevent turkey from sticking to fingers.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium- high heat. Add a few tbsp of oil. Working in batches cook burger patties for about 5 mins per side making sure to not press down on burger with spatula.
- Serve cooked burgers with mini sized hamburger buns and garnish selections of choice.
- This recipe makes 14 sliders using 1/4 cup measuring cup or 6-7 regular sized burgers using 1/2 cup measuring cup.
This recipe is part of Meal Plan Monday.
For other fun sandwich ideas check out these recipes: