Pecan Cranberry Chicken Salad makes a perfect light and tasty lunch nestled in your favorite bread. Sweet, creamy and savory, you will feel like you just had lunch at a sidewalk cafe.
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small portion in sales if a purchase is made. Rest assured though, it is never at any additional cost to you.
There is a beautiful little seaside town in Central California that is truly one of my favorite corners of this world and I think it is safe to say it is becoming my husband’s also. We recently snuck off to the quaint town of Cambria for a few days to celebrate our anniversary. Cambria is where you go when you need to refresh your soul. Rocky seaside cliffs line this part of California and there is nothing better than sitting listening to the waves crash while conversing with the one you love. If you stand facing North to your right you will see rolling hills lined with pine trees, green grass with grazing deer and eagles soaring over head. To your left a big beautiful drink of water (as my husband likes to call it). Living in Southern California we are guilty of not taking advantage of our gorgeous beaches enough. When we do, there are always a larger amount of people to contend with than either of us like. In Cambria that is not a problem. You can sit peacefully for hours soaking up rays of sunshine, pine filled breezes and gorgeous scenery. When you have had your fill of this Utopia or your stomach is growling, a quick trip to downtown Cambria will bring you to your choice of lovely little restaurants. The inspiration for this Pecan Cranberry Chicken Salad came from a small little coffee shop that not only has great tasting coffee but also a menu of lunches and desserts.
Tips about Pecan Cranberry Chicken Salad:
- This Pecan Cranberry Chicken Salad recipe takes about 2 1/2 cups cubed chicken meat or if you have leftover chicken, it is about half of a 2 lb. baked chicken. I used chicken from my Rosemary Lemon Garlic Chicken and loved the extra flavor it imparted.
- Avocado Oil Mayonnaise, with it’s heart healthy oils, goes perfectly with this Pecan Cranberry Chicken Salad. (affiliate)
- If you are using canned chicken or simple baked chicken breasts for this recipe, adding is about 1/2 tbsp of brown mustard can help bring in extra flavor.
- For a gluten free or lower carb version just skip the bread and add in extra lettuce.
Pecan Cranberry Chicken Salad
- 1/2 Rosemary Lemon Garlic Chicken *about 2 1/2 cups cubed, (or flavorful roasted chicken)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped toasted pecans
- 2 1/2 oz Spring Mix Salad *about 3 to 4 handfuls
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 6 med sized sandwich rolls
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add chicken, onions, cranberries, pecans and spring mix. Mix thoroughly. Serve with your favorite bread, rolls or flat bread.
If you love tuna and healthy lunchtime options then check out these recipes: