Do you know the secret to perfect Crispy Baked Rosemary Potatoes that are tender on the inside and full of flavor?
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small portion in sales if a purchase is made. Rest assured though, it is never at any additional cost to you.
New Years is just around the corner and I have to admit I am very excited about getting back to eating healthy. Not that I don’t love eating Tiramisu Wine Glass Trifles and Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Pots de Creme, but I really am ready to get back to eating better. Not only is my goal for January to get back with more veggies but also to come up with easy and healthy meals that you will love making. The good news, these Crispy Baked Rosemary Potatoes fall right in-between the comforting decadence of December and the start of a healthy new year.
Tips about Crispy Baked Rosemary Potatoes:
- The number one secret to achieving beautifully golden and crisp baked potatoes is to start with baby Yukon Gold or a potato very similar to Yukon Gold’s. They have a wonderfully buttery texture and are incredibly versatile. If you can’t find this specific potato then definitely lean towards the best baby potato you can find.
- Why baby potatoes over regular sized potatoes? I am so glad you asked. For this Crispy Baked Rosemary Potatoes recipe they just cook better. I have found using larger potatoes takes longer to bake even when they are cut small and/or you have to crank up the temperature. When the temperature gets cranked up the rosemary and garlic have a tendency of burning.
- Cut the baby potatoes in half and quarter any that are a little too large. Place the cut side face down in your skillet.
- Do not overload your skillet. You will want to make sure you have a cast iron frying pan that is large enough for the potatoes to bake one layer deep.
- The beauty of this Crispy Baked Rosemary Potatoes recipe is that there is only 2 tbsp of olive oil to the 1 1/2 lbs of potatoes. As long as you follow the above tips you should have crispy, golden and tender potatoes.
- I served these beauties along side my Rosemary Lemon Garlic Chicken and a large salad for a complete meal that my family adored.
Crispy Baked Rosemary Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs baby Yukon Gold
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves *minced or crushed
- 2 small rosemary sprigs *finely diced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Wash and cut potatoes in half. Cut larger potatoes in 1/4's. Pat extra moisture off of cut potatoes and place in a medium size mixing bowl. Drizzle oil over potatoes & add garlic, rosemary and salt. Toss well.
- Lay potatoes face down in a 9 inch cast iron skillet. (Cast iron yields best results. See above tip section for additional tricks) Bake for 1 hour at 350℉ or until potatoes are tender and crispy.
This recipe is part of Meal Plan Monday.
If you love the flavors of Italian food than check out these recipes.