Bright and citrusy, this Lemon Chicken Stir Fry is perfect for a quick and healthy dinner. Good bye take out, say hello to your new healthy decadence.
Lemon Chicken Stir Fry
It’s January 1st and I couldn’t be happier about it.
I love New Years Day because it always feels like a fresh start.
As much as I love the Holidays, I love getting back with eating healthy.
My goal is to give you delicious and healthy meals for the month of January and get my booty back to eating more veggies.
This Lemon Chicken Stir Fry is a great place to start. It is packed full of veggies, is super delicious and it is incredibly easy to make.
Serve over brown rice and it is the perfect meal for the back to healthy start of January.
Tips about Lemon Chicken Stir Fry:
- If you can’t find organic corn starch, arrowroot works as a beautiful thickener also. I actually use arrowroot often and you use it as an exact equivalent to corn starch. (affiliate)
- Save yourself some time and buy pre-cut mushrooms.
- Stir fry’s like this Lemon Chicken Stir Fry can be a fast and easy way to eat healthy. I personally use a flat bottom wok and absolutely love it. (affiliate)
- To safe yourself even more time, use Trader Joe’s precooked Organic Brown Rice.
- When I make this for my family I add extra garlic, sesame oil and lemon zest (zest of 1 full lemon, 2-3 tbsp sesame oil and 3-4 lg garlic cloves) because we love these flavors. Adjust accordingly for your family.
Lemon Chicken Stir Fry
- For the Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- zest of half lemon *see last tip above for flavor adjustment
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves *minced or crushed
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch or arrowroot
- Stir Fry
- 1 lg chicken breast *cut into strips
- 1 lg or 2 med zucchinis
- 6 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 lg onion *roughly chopped about 1 cup
- 2 tsp sesame oil *for frying chicken & veggies
- Precooked brown rice or quinoa
Mix all ingredients for sauce thoroughly. Set aside.
Roughly dice onion and cut zucchini into small wedges, keeping veggies separate from one another. Cut chicken into strips.
Heat wok on highest heat with 1 tsp sesame oil until just smoking. Add chicken and stir fry until cooked through, about 5 mins-set aside. Heat wok again on highest heat until just smoking with an additional 1 tsp sesame oil. Add onion and stir fry until onions are sweating and slightly brown, about 2 mins. Add zucchini and continue stir frying for another 3 mins. Add mushrooms and stir fry until tender- about 4 mins. Remove from wok and set aside. Place wok back on high heat. Mix sauce ingredients again and add to hot wok. Sauce will thicken in about 1 min over direct heat. Add chicken and veggies back into wok and stir until sauce thoroughly coats stir fry. Take off heat and serve immediately.
Recipe Notes*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.*
If you love the bright sunny flavor of lemon check these recipe out: