The perfect summer drink, Passionfruit Orange Mocktail is a fruity and refreshing drink. Family friendly and great to welcome summer guests.
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small portion in sales if a purchase is made. Rest assured though, it is never at any additional cost to you.
Guys, that time of year is upon us!
Company will soon start flowing in for graduations, summer vacations and family events.
After having flown last week for the first time in two years I had forgotten how tiring flying truly is.
By the time you go through a huge security line, wait for what feels like days just to board, to then proceed to be squished like a sardine, while the plane bounces up and down in turbulence causing the fear that your lunch may decorate your neighbor, your kind of emotionally and physically drained upon arrival.
That is why having a cold and refreshing welcome drink like this Passionfruit Orange Mocktail is a wonderful way to greet your guests.
It is slightly sweet, absolutely rejuvenating and sure to put a smile on your guests.
A mocktail is basically a drink that is very similar to a cocktail but is non-alcoholic and can range in flavors. Composed of juices, seltzers, sodas and teas, mocktails are fun, generally safe to serve to children and are loved by the non drinking crowd.
When To Have a Mocktail
Mocktails are perfect to have for teenage parties, religious holidays, baby showers, brunch, pregnant women, luaus, for those dieting or anyone who does not drink.
Passionfruit Orange Mocktail as a Welcome Drink
With the heat and hassle of summer travel, having a refreshing beverage like this Passionfruit Orange Mocktail ready to serve your guests is a wonderful way to say welcome. It’s cooling and rejuvenating, with just a slight sweetness from the orange juice. Make it up the day before and serve over ice with fresh cut mint and citrus curls.
Caffeine In Passionfruit Tea
Yes, Passionfruit tea can have caffeine depending on the brand. However, the brand I used for this recipe (see below) does not have caffeine.
Where to Buy Passionfruit Tea
This is the brand I used for this recipe purchased from Amazon. The taste was good, however it does go quickly if you tend to make tea often.
This will be the next brand that I am interested in trying.
How to Make Lemon and Orange Curls
The easiest way I have found to make citrus curls are with the following steps:
- Using a large chef’s knife cut thin slices through the width of a fresh lemon.
- Make one small slit in the lemon slice.
- Using a smaller pairing knife remove the pulp and lemon flesh from the peel using even and smooth strokes.
- Twist the citrus peel around your finger and hold for about 1 minute.
- Use as a garnish for all kinds of drinks.
(Here is my favorite knife set for an incredibly affordable price.)
More Refreshing Non-Alcoholic Summer Drinks
Adult Summer Beverages Perfect for Hot Summer Days
- 3 + cups good quality water
- 7 heaping tsp passion fruit tea
- 1 1/4 cups fresh squeezed orange juice *about 8 juice oranges
- fresh mint leaves *for garnish
- orange curls
- Bring to a boil 3 cups of water in a medium sauce pan over high heat. Once boiling turn off heat, add tea and steep for approximatley 10 mins.
- Meanwhile sqeeze oranges into a small half gallon sized pitcher. Once tea has steeped strain through a fine mesh strainer and add to pitcher along with juice. Fill remaing pitcher with water. Stir well and refrigerate until chilled, about 6 hours. Stir again before serving. Serve over ice and garnish with mint leaves and orange curls.
Leave a Reply