Pea Prosciutto Pasta Salad is a super simple and incredibly delicious recipe for a quick spring or summer meal.
Ode to the noodle…hahahaha…It has been a really long week and my husband and I have hit the slap silly, loopy juice make no sense limit. And yet I still have a delicious Pea Prosciutto Pasta Salad I am dying to share with you. I love this salad because is was sooooooooo easy to make. The zippy vinaigrette was so wonderful next to the creamy cheese balls and the salty prosciutto. I also really love the French pasta bowl it is served in and want to know a funny story??? My husband bought this for me on a romantic weekend away. We got it home and while he was washing it to put away safely for its first use it slipped through his fingers. “OH @*#%” is what I heard from the kitchen. I can only imagine what my face looked like upon seeing it because with soapy hands he immediately got on Amazon, found it and bought a replacement. It really is a beautiful bowl just be careful to not use too much slippery soap when washing it.
Tips about Pea Prosciutto Pasta Salad:
- Don’t cook your frozen peas. Just place them in the colander and drain the hot pasta water over them as seen in the video. It works like a charm and saves a ton of time.
- If you love this Emile Henry Made in France salad bowl that doubles beautifully as a pasta bowl as much as I do, you will be happy to know they sell it on Amazon. It also makes a wonderful gift. (affiliate)
- I turn into Mario Batali when it comes to pasta. Use plenty of salted water for each pound of pasta and use good quality olive oil. (affiliate)
- This Pea Prosciutto Pasta Salad is a prefect quick meal for a spring or summer dinner served on its own or with a garden salad.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 2-3 tbsp salt *for the pasta water
- For the Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2-3 garlic cloves *crushed or minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2/3 oz chives *chopped
- For the Pasta
- 16 oz frozen peas
- 8 oz mozzarella balls
- 1 pint grape tomatoes *cut in half
- 4 oz sliced prosciutto
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente.
While the water in coming to a boil whisk together oil and vinegar. Stir in salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and fresh chives. Set Aside.
Place frozen peas in a colander & place colander in the sink. Once pasta is done drain over frozen peas. Place pasta & peas in a large mixing bowl. Pour vinaigrette over pasta & stir. Cut grape tomatoes in half & add to pasta bowl. Add mozzarella balls & stir. Cut prosciutto into 1/4's and place slices on top of salad. If not eating immediately cover & refrigerate to prevent prosciutto from drying out.
Recipe Notes*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.*
If you love flavorful pasta salads check these out: