Potato Gorgonzola Pesto Naan Pizza is such a fun twist from the traditional Friday night pizza. Nutty pesto plays so well with the buttery potatoes and Italian gorgonzola. This recipe has become a major hit in our house.
I live 10 minutes from the beach in Southern California and I hardly ever take advantage of our gorgeous beaches. To make matters worse, the beach is my happy place. What is wrong with me???? It amazes me that we human beings can get so caught up in the daily grind that we forget to slow down and enjoy the things we love. We logically know that we are supposed to slow down and enjoy our blessings but the actual application of that, when stress is high, is a whole other ball game and I probably have about 1.2 million reasons why I don’t. As it stands right now The Fed Up Foodie is 3 months shy of its 2 year anniversary and for almost 2 years it has been a night and day application of my attention, time and focus learning and growing with this blog. I absolutely adore being a food blogger and yet my number 1 complaint is lack of balance in my life. Being at the beach yesterday, soaking up the sun and feeling the sea air on my face made me realize that I have to make the actual choice of setting all the worries and concerns of growing my blog aside a few times every week and just go enjoy life. I think it is safe to say that this Potato Gorgonzola Pesto Naan Pizza is what I will be coming home to after my husband’s and my next trip to the beach because we loved it that much!
Tips about Potato Gorgonzola Pesto Naan Pizza:
- I used my Toasted Walnut Pesto for this Potato Gorgonzola Pesto Naan Pizza. I enjoy traditional pesto but I adore it with toasted walnuts that replace the pine nuts. The amounts for each pizza will vary on taste preferences, usually 1-3 tbsp per pizza.
- I used fingerling potatoes for this recipe but Yukon Gold potatoes would work just as well. I really like how buttery Yukon Gold and fingerling potatoes are and they work perfect for this pizza.
- My husband bought me that awesome pizza paddle featured in the video from amazon. I love it because it is sturdy, makes transporting pizza to and from the oven extremely easy and the best part, it folds for easy storage. (affiliate)
- I love using my cast iron and a little bit of oil to perfectly bake my potatoes. This is my favorite cast iron pan set from Amazon because it has all the sizes I use the most. (affiliate)
- Pre-bake the potatoes and make the pesto the day before and dinner literally takes a little over 10 mins.
- 4 Naan breads
- ¾ cup pesto
- ½ lb fingerling potatoes *about 8-10
- 1- 1½ tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 2-3 oz gorgonzola
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Wash and dry potatoes. Place in a medium sized cast iron frying pan and drizzle with oil. Salt to desired taste. Bake for 45- 60 mins or until potatoes are tender to the fork. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Once potatoes are cooked raise temperature of oven to 425℉.
- Arrange naan breads on a large cookie sheet. Spread 1- 2 tbsp of pesto on each bread (amount will depend on taste preferences). Cut potatoes into desired shape and size. Arrange on pizza. Sprinkle pizza with desired amount of cheese.Bake for 10 mins.
This recipe is part of Meal Plan Monday.
If you like this Potato Gorgonzola Pesto Naan Pizza you will love: