Rosemary Parmesan Low Carb Crackers recipe is a crispy and flavorful gluten-free snack that helps to eliminate the cravings of a low carb diet. These crackers are fast, easy and absolutely delicious.
Rosemary Parmesan Low Carb Crackers
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small portion in sales if a purchase is made. Rest assured though, it is never at any additional cost to you.
Here’s a truth bomb for you.
Doing the low carb diet sometimes sucks!
Honestly, there really are so many wonderful benefits to doing a low carb diet, but the cravings that can pop up are enough to pull the rug out from under your feet.
How do I know this?
There is a time and place for those ooey gooey carb loaded feasts but for the here and now I needed a support to help get me through this carb craving bump in the road.
That is where this Rosemary Parmesan Low Carb Crackers recipe helped me not loose my mind.
Not only is this low carb snack super easy to make, but it also has an incredible taste and texture that mimics the sensation of eating regular crackers.
It literally kept me on track for my goal.
Plus, my husband was very happy I didn’t go bananas.
How To Make Low Carb Crackers
This snack is very easy to make and it tastes amazing, especially if you love both rosemary and parmesan. Follow these simple steps for this yummy low carb snack.
- Add all ingredients, minus the egg, to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg in a separate smaller bowl and add to larger bowl.
- Stir with a spoon until large crumbles form. (It will look like you need more moisture, but don’t worry, it will be enough.)
- Continue mixing with a clean hand.
- Mix until a large ball is formed, about 1-2 minutes.
- Place ball onto parchment paper and begin to flatten with hands.
- Place another layer of parchment over the top of dough and roll with a rolling pin to desired thickness (about 1/8- 1/4 inch).
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Poke holes with end of a chop sticks (this step is optional).
- Bake in a preheated 350℉ for 12-14 minutes or until desired shade of light golden brown (time will vary depending on final thickness).
Shape Options For Low Carb Crackers
The beauty of these crackers are that you can form them into any shape you desire. For this recipe I used the smallest of the cutters from this set. I have also used a pizza cutter to cut squares or rectangles and these would be fun for creativity.
Fresh Rosemary vs Dried Rosemary
Either fresh or dried rosemary is perfectly fine to use for these crackers. If using fresh rosemary, make sure to chop well. However, if using dried rosemary it is best to grind the dry needles and the easiest way to do that is with a clean coffee grinder. I have small one I use just for rosemary so no other flavors sneak in to the rosemary when I grind it.
How To Store Low Carb Crackers
Once the crackers have cooled to room temperature, store in an airtight container or in bags similar to these.
What To Serve With Rosemary Parmesan Low Carb Crackers
Here are some delicious companions to these crackers when doing the low carb diet.
- Mozzarella Slices
- Lemon Artichoke Dip
- Festive Cheese Ball
- Hot or Cold Crab Veggie Dip
- Celery Sticks
- Cucumber Slices
- Bell Pepper Slices
- Broccoli Florets
- Cauliflower Florets
Rosemary Parmesan Low Carb Crackers
Bursting with flavors of parmesan and rosemary, these easy low carb crackers are a huge support when doing gluten-free and low carb. They taste amazing on their own or with cheese.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 heaping tbsp chopped fresh rosemary *about 3 lg springs or 1 tsp ground dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lg egg *whisked
Preheat oven to 350℉.
Add first 5 ingrdients to a medium/large sized mixing bowl. Whisk egg in a seperate small bowl and add to larger bowl.
Stir until large crumbles form. Using a clean hand finish the mixing process until dough forms into a ball.
Place dough on top of sheet of parchment and flatten slightly using hands. Place another sheet of parchment on top of dough and roll to desired thickness, approximatley 1/8-1/4 inch.
Cut into desired shapes. Poke holes into crackers using the end of a chop stick (optional).
Line cookie sheet with parchment used from rolling dough and transfer unbaked crackers to the cookie sheet.
Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool to room temperature before handling.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.