This Grapefruit Wine Slushies recipe creates incredibly refreshing summer cocktails that are so easy to make. Learn how to make wine slushies at home with only 3 ingredients and a blender. Such a fun way to stay cool when temperatures rise.
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small portion in sales if a purchase is made. Rest assured though, it is never at any additional cost to you.
Who doesn’t love a good cocktail in the summer?
Summer is when I most enjoy refreshing mixed drinks, more than any other time of the year.
Maybe during the holidays I might have one or two drinks at the most.
But come July and August when the heat rises above 100℉ I crave easy summer cocktails just to make life a little bit easier.
One of my passions in life is to find ways to make our food or drink indulgences a little healthier or more nutritious.
I am happy to report that if you love citrus, then this wine smoothie definitely makes the list of best summer cocktails.
It is so easy to make with only 3 ingredients of which 2 of them are incredibly healthy.
Commonly asked questions about making Wine Slushies.
Do I need a wine slushie mix?
I am so glad you asked. No! Not as long as you are using this. (affiliate)
Should I make a simple syrup for these wine slushies?
That is a great question. I do believe some summer cocktails require a simple syrup, however these Grapefruit Wine Slushies worked beautifully with just honey.
What type of wine is best?
Your favorite white wine will do the trick. I personally love Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. Moscato is also another very popular white wine for making wine summer drinks.
Additional Tips for these Grapefruit Wine Slushies
- You can prepare the grapefruit one of two ways. 1) Juice the grapefruit and freeze the juice in ice cube trays. 2) Peel the grapefruit removing as much of the pith (white part of grapefruit) as possible as it tends to be bitter.
- Make sure to prepare your grapefruit the day before consuming these popular alcoholic drinks as freezing can take a little time especially during the hot days of summer.
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice have wonderful healthy benefits as well as precautions. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- I recommend adding just 1/4 cup honey and then taste testing. You may find you like it less sweet or even sweeter than the full half cup. This will be a personal preference.
- Did you know that using raw local honey can help with nasty seasonal allergies?
Grapefruit Wine Slushies
- 2 large grapefruits
- 2 cups chilled white wine
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- Peel grapefruit making sure to remove as much pith as possible. Segment grapefruit and freeze overnight.
- Place frozen grapefruit, wine and honey in a blender and blend until desired consistency.
If you love Summer cocktails too then check out these recipes: