Quick and healthy, Lemon White Bean Salad is perfect as a refreshing lunch, side dish or party salad. Takes just minutes to assemble making eating well on busy days so much easier.
Lemon White Bean Salad
Have you ever seen the movie Hope Floats with Sandra Bullock?
It is such a sweet and endearing movie. A perfect chick flick!
At the very end of the movie the main character Birdie Calvert shares these very wise words, “That’s what momma always says. She says that beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it’s the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up.”
I LOVE THIS!!!
But I have to say, as much as beginnings can be scary there is something of a magical quality to them.
As I am writing this we are coming up on the end of 2017 and I am both sad and thankful to see the year come to an end.
This year has been heart wrenchingly sad, insanely challenging, beyond scary and incredibly miraculous all wrapped up in 365 days.
I am thankful for every tear as much as every joy that this year has brought to me…
As much as 2017 has molded and shaped my heart in a way that I am still sorting through, I really am excited to see what 2018 holds.
It is a new beginning filled with hope and promise.
I also am excited to share a whole line of quick and healthy recipes starting with this incredibly delicious Lemon White Bean Salad.
I hope this salad brings a simplicity and joy to many of your lunches throughout the next year!
More options for this quick and healthy salad:
This Lemon White Bean Salad is light, refreshing and yet very satisfying. If by chance any of the veggies aren’t as appealing to you, the beauty is you can mix and match with other ingredients such as arugula, artichoke hearts, olives, bell peppers, carrots, celery or even lightly cooked green beans. Also cooked chicken and tuna would be a nice addition for extra protein. The secret really is to tailor this recipe so that you love it. I do have to say though, it is pretty darn tasty as is.
Tips about Lemon White Bean Salad:
- Of all the herbs I love dill the most, but I definitely tend to lean towards the dried herbs because their shelf life is so much better and Simply Organic Dill is by far one of my favorite brands. I have always been so happy with the freshness and I absolutely trust Simply Organic to deliver a quality product. (affiliate)
- I recommended using an English cucumber for this Lemon White Bean Salad over a regular cucumber. English cucumbers tends to have smaller seeds, are usually less bitter and have less water in them thereby helping to keep this salad from becoming to watery.
- Eden Organic Cannellini Beans are excellent for this salad. I have always been so happy with their canned beans from taste to quality. (affiliate)
- I am in love with these glass containers because they can go in the oven, microwave, freezer and dishwasher. I also love the idea of using less and less plastic. (affiliate)
Lemon White Bean Salad
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice *about 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 medium garlic cloves *crushed or minced
- 2 tsp dill
- salt *to taste
- 15 oz can cannellini beans *rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes *cut in half
- 1/2 large English cucumber *cut into large chunks
- 2 oz feta *crumbled
In a medium sized bowl whisk together first 5 ingredients.
Toss in remaining ingredients. Mix well and refrigerate. Enjoy cold.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.*
For other quick and healthy meals check out these recipes: