Easy Seared Chicken Guacamole has tender juicy dry rubbed chicken topped with melted Jack cheese and life-changing homemade guacamole. This is one of the best dinners for healthy and fun eating.
Easy Seared Chicken Guacamole
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small portion in sales if a purchase is made. Rest assured though, it is never at any additional cost to you.
Recently I have taken up journalling. Not the Dear Dairy style of 4th grade journalling but more of the Rachel Hollis Start Today type of journalling.
In short, it is a tool to help you focus on your big picture goals.
After much fine tuning, I have finally been able to come up with my 10 BIG goals. All of them are super important to me, but there is one that just makes me happy.
Before I tell you what it is, let me just share a side note. The approach with the Start Today journal is to write the goals as if they already have happened. So with that in mind, my goal that makes me happy just even thinking about it is, “I appreciate Life”.
This is my cue to take time everyday and appreciate not only my blessings, but also to carve out time everyday to spend time on things I enjoy.
I am not going to lie, there are days where it is extremely challenging to just simply appreciate life and I know I am not alone. We are a society that is bombarded with bad news, worry, concern, hostility, busyness and feeling disconnected from friends, community and even family.
I am not going to pretend that I have some great big glorious solution but there is one thing I do know. Coming home at the end of a long hard day and being able to easily create a gorgeous and healthy meal in short amount of time really helps with the element of appreciating life.
My friends, this Easy Seared Chicken Guacamole is exactly that type of recipe. It is no hassle, no fuss and incredibly fun to eat.
Tips For Making Guacamole Chicken In Under 30 Mins
- Make sure your avocados are ripe before starting. Having avocados that are too firm will slow the process down. Check out my Avocado Chicken Salad recipe for tips on how to know when an avocado is ripe.
- Having a sharpened Good Quality Chefs Knife will help make chopping the ingredients for the guacamole fast and efficient.
- Treat the guacamole like an assembly line. Wash all the veggies, chop and the mix. It will come together very quickly with this approach.
- Need to up your chopping game? This video will help.
Mexican Chicken Rub
Sprinkling boneless skinless chicken breast with the spices from this Mexican Chicken Rub will help to create extremely flavorful chicken. Simply measure spices into a small bowl and mix. Here are the ingredients for the rub and some of the best deals on top rated organic spices.
Perfectly Seared Chicken Breasts
The secret to creating perfectly seared chicken breasts that are juicy and tender just takes a few steps.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with spices on both sides.
- Heat grill pan with oil over high heat making sure oil covers the entire pan. Pro Tip: You’ll know the pan is hot enough when you can only hold your hand 5 inches above the surface for 1-2 seconds.
- Place breasts in heated pan, smooth side down first.
- Cook on high for 1 minute. Lower heat to medium and continue cooking on for 3-4 more minutes.
- Turn breasts over and cook opposite side on medium heat for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add cheese slices, turn off heat and cover with a large lid until cheese has melted, about 1 minute.
Ways To Eat Chicken Guacamole
- Next to a side salad with Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing.
- Sliced thinly on a tostada shell with black beans.
- Served with a side of veggies.
- On top on Homemade Sweet Potato Chips.
More Quick and Easy Dinners
Additional Mexican Recipes You’ll Love
Easy Seared Chicken Guacamole
Fast, easy and so delicious! This Guacamole Chicken recipe creates tender and juicy pan seared chicken with Mexican spices, melted Monterey Jack cheese and topped with flavorful homemade guacamole. By far one of our favorite chicken dishes!
Mexican Chicken Rub
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp corriander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the Chicken
- 2 tbsp high heat oil *I used avocado oil
- 3 med boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz Monterey Jack cheese *sliced
- 1/2 batch Simple Healthy Guacamole
Mix together chicken rub in a small bowl.
Generoously sprinkle spice rub on both sides of chicken breasts.
Heat oil in a grill pan over high heat. Once heated add chicken breasts smooth side down. Cook for 1 min at high heat. Lower temperature to medium and cook for an addittional 3-4 mins.
Turn chicken over, cook on medium for another 3-4 minutes.
Turn off heat, place cheese on top of cooked breasts and cover with a lid until cheese melts, about 1 min.
Serve with a heaping spoonful of Simple Healthy Guacamole.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.
- For extra large chicken breasts fillet in half and only cook 1 min on high heat and 3 mins per side on medium heat. Additional rub may be needed.
- For half portion of Simple Healthy Guacamole use the following; 4 med avocados, 1 lime juiced, 1/2 jalapeño, 1/4 red onion, 1-2 garlic cloves, 1 Roma tomato, 1 small bunch cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. See recipe link for full instructions.